[emms-help] address@hidden emms and qtplay

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] address@hidden emms and qtplay
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:04:08 +0100

Hello EMMS users! I recieved a private mail, which I forward to you. I
stripped the attachment, it's now hosted on
http://rincevent.net/~lucas/emms_enno.png , until Enno's problem is
solved.

Enno, which is in Cc:, isn't subscribed probably, so please keep him in
Cc:.

I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll try to have a look at your problem,
which semms to simply be "lack of command line equivalent of ogginfo"
when I get around to it, or if nobody beats me to it.

Regards,

--
Lucas

--- Begin Message --- Subject: emms and qtplay Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:50:36 +0100
Hello

I would like to use emms as my standard music player on Mac OS X, because Emacs is running all the time. It was a bit hard to find a command line ogg vorbis player for Mac OS X. But finally I found one. Its called qtplay.
In emms-player-simple I replaced the former entry with

(define-emms-simple-player ogg123 '(file)
  (emms-player-simple-regexp "ogg" "flac")
  "qtplay")

Now I can play my music, but I dont know how to display track information. Maybe I am blind.
I append a screenshot of the emacs window. ogginfo is in /usr/bin.

Thanks
Enno

--- End Message ---