Re: [emms-help] emms and dbus

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms and dbus
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:54:53 +0100

> I toyed a bit with the dbus support of cvs emacs and emms this morning.
>  Gnome can send multimedia key events through dbus to emacs and thus
>  control emms.

Cool! Then maybe I can get rid of my emacsclient hack for controlling
EMMS (I have bound two of my multimedia keys in GNOME to emacsclient.)

>  Some improvements I would like to examine:
>  - My laptop keyboard only has 4 multimedia keys, how to control emms
>  efficiently then(only play, stop next previous, no seek)?

Play could be used as "play/pause", stop as stop, of course and next
and prev as next and prev. I seldom use seek so I would not miss that.

>  - test with more multimedia keyboards, I have a stack at home

I will have a look and report back.