[emms-help] EMMS maintainership

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: [emms-help] EMMS maintainership
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:50:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hello, everyone.
It's probably not a surprise, but still sad for me - I have to ask
for a new maintainer for EMMS.

With the help of many people - that is, you all! - EMMS has very
quickly evolved beyond what I originally thought I'd write, and
way beyond what I wanted to use for myself. It's a funny feeling
to be able to say I haven't used even a small fraction of the
current EMMS modules :-) This results in me just applying whatever
patch comes over, and not understanding any of it. It would
probably be saner if someone who actually uses EMMS fully does
that.

Also, my personal work environment has changed a lot. I do not
play music on the computer that my Emacs runs on anymore. MPD is
not an option, either, because I change the computer I work on a
lot, and just ssh to my Emacs.

So basically, I'm rather detached from EMMS, and I don't see that
changing any time soon.

Would there be any volunteer to keep up the program?

Regards,
        -- Jorgen