Re: [emms-help] Re: EMMS Last.fm issues

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: EMMS Last.fm issues
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:52:32 +0200

Seb <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Seb,

>> Hm, I'm using emms from darcs and the current emacs CVS trunk, and
>> here tramp won't be triggered.  I'd suggest you first try to update
>> your emacs and emms copy and see if the problem vanishes.
>
> I'm using a fairly recent Emacs CVS with EMMS (3.0):

The released EMMS 3.0 or the current darcs trunk, which identifies as
3.0, too?

> and I see the same error messages that the OP reported, albeit with a
> weird deactivation of Last.fm plugin right after the call to
> `emms-lastfm-radio':

Again, I cannot reproduce that.

If you don't use a current darcs checkout of EMMS, please try that
first.  After 3.0 was released, I've rewritten some parts of emms-lastfm
cause last.fm changed their API.

You don't need to install darcs if that's a problem for you.  Lucas
makes daily snapshots you can download from [1].

If you can reproduce this error even with a current EMMS version, please
send a clear recipe starting with emacs -Q and manually loading EMMS.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] http://rincevent.net/~lucas/emms/