Re: [emms-help] emms-streams: adding streams with utf-8 chars does not

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-streams: adding streams with utf-8 chars does not work correctly
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:01:44 -0700

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Yoni Rabkin<address@hidden> wrote:
> Here is what emms-playlist-mode uses. I think it's good in this regard:

>  (let* ((s)
>         (buffer (find-file-noselect filename))
>         (name   (buffer-name buffer)))
>    (with-current-buffer buffer
>      (setq s (read (buffer-string))))
>    (kill-buffer buffer)

That also does major mode detection (and a whole host of other revert
magic).  I've already got the fix installed, and changed some other
instances to use it, just need to test it 8hrs from now.

Sorry for not replying to all, still getting used to new email client.

--
Michael Olson  ||  http://mwolson.org/
Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS