Re: [emms-help] More packages to move on to emms-all

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [emms-help] More packages to move on to emms-all
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:47:38 +0100

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
> I haven't received a reply from the authors of the following packages:
>
> emms-history, emms-mark, emms-i18n, emms-tag-editor and emms-volume
>
> Are any of these stable and ready for emms-all?

FWIW, I've used emms-tag-editor quite a bit and it worked really
well. The only thing I had to change for mpd was to use id3v2 instead of
id3v1 for mp3:

    (setq emms-tag-editor-tagfile-functions
          '(("mp3" "id3v2"
             ((info-artist      . "a")
              (info-title       . "t")
              (info-album       . "A")
              (info-tracknumber . "T")
              (info-year        . "y")
              (info-genre       . "g")
              (info-note        . "c")))
            ("ogg" . emms-tag-editor-tag-ogg)
            ("flac" . emms-tag-editor-tag-flac)))

I've also used emms-mark-mode, which is also working. The only thing I
don't like here is that it is calling emms-playlist-update-track to make
sure there's a space in the first column for the mark. However, I add
tracks through the smart browser, and this one uses a different display
function, so the track display gets changed. I guess this is not really
the fault of emms-mark, but that there are different display
configurations in the first place.

Regards,
David