Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 00:07:04 +0500

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:44:49 -0400
Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you for the offer. Having the bi-directional communication would
> be good. For the 5.0 release on the 1st of May we will keep the current
> implementation since it Just Works (TM). After the release I have no
> problem with adding API features galore.
>
> Do you want to be the one working on this?

Yeah, pretty sure it shouldn't be beyond my humble abilities to maintain
that code, and definitely plan to do it for myself, as I use it every
day here.

Indeed it'd make sense to keep current implementation for at least one
release, and unless you've looked over the code, I'd think jury is
still out on whether it's actually any better than simple-player :)

Will mark the day to check for release and prepare/post a format-patch
here with most basic replacement for review, with follow-up patches for
basic metadata.

Not sure on coding style strictness, tabs-spaces and such, but all such
trivia should probably all be deferred until then.

Thanks!

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net