[emms-help] M-x emms-streams

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [emms-help] M-x emms-streams
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 19:07:57 -0400

This is up for vote. Make your voice heard if you care:

Currently, invoking M-x emms-steams creates a special buffer with a
Streams buffer mode and its own key-bindings. Choosing a stream then
sends that url to the current playlist, whatever that is.

I would like to re-implement M-x emms-steams so that it instead creates
an additional, normal, Emms playlist buffer, populates that buffer with
the available streams as tracks, and switches to that buffer (but
doesn't make it current.) Choosing a stream will make the buffer
current.

The playlist will be locally flagged so that at the end of a track Emms
will not advance to the next track. Thus a network failure that drops
one stream will not automatically play the next.

Does anyone see a reason not to do this?

If I don't get pushback on this after a few weeks I will go ahead and
make this change before Emms 5.1.