[emms-help] emms-browser-add-tracks weirdness

From: Fran Burstall
Subject: [emms-help] emms-browser-add-tracks weirdness
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 23:00:06 +0000

I fire emms-smart-browse and, without selecting a region,
hit <return> in front of an album to invoke emms-browser-add-tracks.

What I expect: tracks from that album to be added to the
playlist.

What happens: I get the error "The mark is not set now, so
there is no region" and no tracks added.

Commentary: the error is produced by the

(interactive "r")

form at the start of emms-browser-add-tracks.

It seems that this is not a reliable way to work
with a possibly empty region according to the discussion at

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13281026/how-to-use-interactive-r-function-in-this-situation

Can anyone else replicate this?  If so, I will fix...

---Fran

emms: master
emacs: 26.1