Re: [emms-help] emms-info-youtube

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-info-youtube
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 21:18:43 +0500

On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 17:19:21 +0300
Konstantin Reich <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to write an emms info function, which fetches the title from
> youtube url.
> The synchronous version of such function works good, but freezes Emacs. So i
> am trying to figure out how to do it asynchronously.
> Somehow, (emms-track-set track 'info-title title) does not work, even
> although I provided "track" and "title".
>
> Could you help me to figure out what is wrong. The code is below:

>         ;;;; To this point everything works well. The title and track are
> determined, but the following line does nothing.
>         (emms-track-set track 'info-title title))

Hi,

I think you also need to call (emms-track-updated track) afterwards to
have emms pick up the change and update track info in the playlist
buffer and such.

Don't think anything else is missing or incorrect, but if it still
won't work, maybe check how emms-player-mpv-info-meta-update-track does
it, as I implemented similar async info update on mpv event there and
it seem to be working.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net