Re: emms-define-player not in sources

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: emms-define-player not in sources
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:47:40 -0400

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> Hi:
>
> Recently I have started using emms, but I want to define my player
> because mocp as a backend is much better from my point of view.
>
> But looking in the documentation it reffers to emms-define-player but
> that function doesn't exist in my sources at all.
>
> Is this an error in the emms.info or I am missing something?

I've written many player backends in the interim but never looked at the
docs! Thank you for pointing out this oversight. This is remant of some
code that was commited from the original darcs repo some 15 years
ago. I'll fix the manual and the doc-string on the
`define-emms-simple-player' macro.

`define-emms-simple-player' should work for a quick and straightforward
player definition.

If you get some stable code out of it, please consider contributing it
to the project so that I can release it along with Emms.