Re: emms-info-native

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: emms-info-native
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 20:27:00 +0200

Grant Shoshin Shangreaux via <emms-help@gnu.org> writes:

> fwiw i just tried importing my Music directory with emms-info-native as
> my only info function. it reported ~4200 tracks to go and it took
> several minutes to finish. unfortnately i didn't time it. i'll include
[...]
> but, so far so good, the flac, ogg, and opus files in my collection seem
> to have processed without error, it just took a while :).

The bottleneck here is likely emms-later-do which throttles the parsing
so that it would not eat all CPU.  Without it, Emacs would become
completely stuck when going through a large number of tracks.

You can tune emms-later-do-interval and emms-later-do-batch variables to
get faster response at the expense of more sluggish Emacs.

Petteri