reworking the EmacsWiki Emms page

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: reworking the EmacsWiki Emms page
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 09:51:26 -0500

Hello all,

The EmacsWiki Emms page (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EMMS) is a
mess, and has been for a very long time. Peter Prevos has agreed to
tackle this daunting task and do a rework. For more background about why
it is daunting, see: https://communitywiki.org/wiki/LackOfReworking

EmacsWiki is based on Oddmuse (https://oddmuse.org/), which has the
saving grace of being very easy to edit. There is some guidance
available regarding editing here:
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HowToEdit#h5o-1

What I would like to see is a page which starts similarly to:
https://lucidmanager.org/productivity/configure-emms/

Previously existing content, assuming that it isn't completely
anachronistic, can be either removed or placed into a "discussion"
category.

Once the page has been reworked I will add updating it to the Emms
release process. It would be great if for every release we could have
something like:

"""
New in version 6.0:

    Emms is now available via the GNU ELPA repository.
    New info method: tinytag.
    New info method: exiftool.
    emms-volume.el: Fix missing quote in emms-volume-change-function.
    namespace cleanup (emms-later-do.el).
"""