Re: Default info methods

From: Fran Burstall (Gmail)
Subject: Re: Default info methods
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 15:46:32 +0000

I propose to the following default config scheme instead:
- If emms-print-metadata, tinytag or exiftool is found, use only one of
  them.  The assumption here is that any of these suffices to supply all
  metadata for all tracks.
- Otherwise use emms-info-native.  This can be augmented by mp3info (for
  id3v1 tags).  Ogginfo, metaflac and opusinfo are superseded by
  emms-info-native, so they can be ignored.
What do you think?

I think this is a good idea.

---Fran