Re: Default info methods

From: Fran Burstall (Gmail)
Subject: Re: Default info methods
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 20:29:54 +0000

Would the attached patch do the job?  It adds a prefix argument to
emms-cache-sync which queues all tracks in the cache for update:
  (emms-cache-sync 1)
It won't clean any info cruft from the cache though, except removed
files.  emms-cache-reset would obviously do that.
Maybe we can later provide a function that would go through
emms-source-file-default-directory and do the right thing: add new
files, remove deleted files and update modified files in the cache.

This would certainly work for me.

---Fran

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 at 19:10, Petteri Hintsanen <petterih@iki.fi> wrote:
"Fran Burstall (Gmail)" <fran.burstall@gmail.com> writes:

> The manual should also explain how to recompute info when a new info method
> is introduced (thus 'emms-cache-rest' followed by
> 'emms-add-directory-tree').  This came up recently on Emacs StackExchange...

Would the attached patch do the job?  It adds a prefix argument to
emms-cache-sync which queues all tracks in the cache for update:

  (emms-cache-sync 1)

It won't clean any info cruft from the cache though, except removed
files.  emms-cache-reset would obviously do that.

Maybe we can later provide a function that would go through
emms-source-file-default-directory and do the right thing: add new
files, remove deleted files and update modified files in the cache.

Another thing is browser refresh.  EMMS playlists get their infos
automatically refreshed (which is nice), but the browser must be
refreshed manually by rebuilding it eg. after emms-cache-sync.

--
Petteri