engineer-devel

[Engineer-devel] unadulterated actress

From: Lazarus Rich
Subject: [Engineer-devel] unadulterated actress
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:55:01 -0400

There are only Aunt Louisa and Aunt Elizabeth, said Emily, unableto repress a smile.
And why does her nose lookas if it were always cold? Was there a little impish chuckle at the end of the words?
Aunt Louisa looked curiously at thisghoulish young creature.
LetLouisa Drummond do the crying out in the kitchen.
He writes often andhis letters are full and jolly and Teddy-like. None ofthe other Blair Water girls prowled.
Just between them hung a dim old moon, as beautiful as theevening crescent. But the thing whined on her doorstepand would not be banished.
Was she reallyincapable of inspiring a deep and lasting passion in a man? Dean, like everything and everybodyelse, seemed to have changed overnight.
LetLouisa Drummond do the crying out in the kitchen.
Vixenish, with little eyes and sharp elbows. In which conclusion Emily was horribly unjust to Teddy. She had said it every one of his flitting autumns formany years.
Very likely, too, she had imaginedimplications into Deans words and looks that he never meant. Andrew would have been such a SAFE husbandfor me.
Imglad you can amuse yourself by writing. We meantto spend them together in that very house. And he tells me allthe little things I want to know about his life.
Probably she was looking forcopy in this old pagans deathbed.
But in one way it worked out to her advantage. They still corresponded faithfully, but thecorrespondence was not what it was.
She might aswell earn her money that way as another. She had lain throughsleepless hours face to face with two hateful convictions. He writes often andhis letters are full and jolly and Teddy-like.
This gave me a white night or tworecently. It was a foregone conclusion that Emily would jump at him.
Emilys manner, she flattered herself,was admirable.
But shewas not in a mood to be just to anybody. We dont bruise the pretty visions of a child, said Dean.
He could not have said so more plainly in words.
Well, I suppose Blair Water and the old life here are to him as atale that is told now. Not that Emily cared whom he married or how soon. Every robin call brought the blood to her cheek and made herheart beat wildly. Carrying asecret grudge for years, until a suitable chance for revengepresented itself. He would be all right as soonas warmer weather came. Chapter VIOnly three dynamic things happened that year to vary the noiselesstenor of Emilys way. Emily realized her friendsbeauty afresh with a pang not of envy, but of bitter humiliation.