enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] OS X?

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] OS X?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 02:26:29 +0200

Johannes Fortmann wrote:

> > Will Enigma 0.7 ever be released for Mac OS X?
>
> Short answer: no.

Long answer: Why not? The fix you proposed should also work (modulo
slight modifications) with Enigma 0.70.  There have been fundamental
changes to the way shadows are calculated and cached since 0.70, but not
to the way they are drawn to the screen.  Tell me if you need help with
the patch!

The current development version of Enigma has a lot of rough edges (some
levels and objects don't work, the game crashes at times, redrawing
speed of rubber bands is abominable, etc.), which is why I cannot
recommend casual players to use it at the moment.

IIRC, there have been a couple of request for an updated OS X version
recently.  The use of a more recent SDL version alone should be worth an
update.  Please think about it, I will help you if I can.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden