enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:25:25 +0200

Hi,

> I'm not certian i was understood correctly. When i said that the original
> Oxyd games should have a level pack I had not meant the actual file included
> with Oxyd, I had ment level packs of those levels that have been ported to
> enigma format.

I thought you were talking about the original oxyd level packs,
because you first talked about the "Offical oxyd games" and then about
"Oxyd Clone levels" (Enigma can use the original level packs).

> I assume that this is one of the projects goals considering that the current
> distrubution contains some of these levels and the rest are labeled 'todo'.

Yes, I think so.

> Also here is a good question: it sounds like many of the problems in the
> current cvs re because of changes to the way the game handles certain events,
> mainly caused by discovering that at least one oxyd level handles it
> differently. These changes often break the 'Enigma levels'. What is the
> current plan for dealing with such breakage?

Everything will be changed to act like it did in the Oxyd games - at
least for the Oxyd clones (Enigma has different 'game modes').

If any feature is implemented wrong and used in a reasonable number of
enigma levels then its easily possible to define two types of objects
(one enigma compatible and one oxyd compatible).

Ralf

--
Things That Never Happen in Star Trek (#22):
Picard doesn't answer a suggestion with "Make it so"!