enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Setting attributes

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Setting attributes
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:23:09 +0200

Hi Level-Designers,

I've updated a few levels that used set_attrib to change the direction
of bolders. This didn't work at all because of recent code changes.
It seemed to work in the past, when the bolders moved. But it has
never worked if the bolder didn't move (e.g. when it points towards
a wall).

It would be possible to solve this by watching for attribute changes,
but I think the better solution is to use messages.

Bolders and one-way stones understand the message "direction" followed
by WEST, SOUTH, etc.

If you encounter display problems with other stones attributes, please
drop me a note and I will fix them by adding the needed messages.

Ralf