enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:43:41 +0100

I finally received an email from Freeverse.com (the publisher of the Mac
game "Enigma").  The fact that they finally took notice of our existence
indicates to me that (our) Enigma may be more widely spread than I
thought so far :-)  The problem of course is that people will start to
confuse the two games -- which is a shame because (our) Enigma is so
much more than a master mind clone... ;-)

So maybe choosing a new name for our project isn't such a bad idea after
all.  As Johannes noted, `"enigma" is totally generic', which,
reconsidered, isn't exactly a good thing.

My personal suggestion for a new name is "Enigmory".  It's a blend of
"Enigma" and "Memory"--close enough to our old name but also indicating
its heritage (the board game Memory).  Best of all: a google search for
the word doesn't find anything!

What do you think?

Cheers,
Daniel

PS: nice comments on www.linuxgames.com

PPS: If you haven't done so already, please rate Enigma on
happypenguin.org.  We're close to entering the Top 10 :-)))

--
Daniel Heck
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~dheck/