enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] spam @ enigma-devel

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] spam @ enigma-devel
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:24:27 +0100

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:54:49PM +0100, Michi Hostettler wrote:
> > i recived this message from enigma-devel.  did you
> > also recive it? why its spam at this group???
>
> You did the dumbest thing you can do with spam: forwarding it to
> the mailing list again.

The group is open for external postings which is in general a good
thing.  We need an easy way for users to contact us without having to
subscribe to a mailing list first.

There is a spam filter installed on the GNU servers that filters out
most of the incoming spam.  There's nothing we can do about the
remaining few spam mails that get through, sorry.

Daniel