enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] TLA on windows

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] TLA on windows
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:47:36 -0500

Ok fair enough.

I did not come to start problems. I wanted to give suggestions to help the project. I know my suggestions may not always be helpful, so in that case please just say so.

Question: you imply that you may be relinquishing maintainership in your previous message. is this actually the case?

---
Changing languages inside the program was never really intended.
The idea of gettext is that you set an environment variable to your native language and any programs that support that language are automaticly translated. IIRc there is a mechnism for setting a list of languages in a preffered order as well.

What you are doing with gettext is perfectly valid though, and I am supprised that it is not supported. Copying liubintl code is a poor hack though, after all libintl is part of glibc, so i susspect it works well.

As proof of me wanting to be helpful: i will try to find a better way and should i find it, i will supply it as a patch against the latest source code your provide for windows users.