enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] New branch: enigma--lua5--0.90

From: Tacvek
Subject: [Enigma-devel] New branch: enigma--lua5--0.90
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:44:05 -0500

D. Heck has created a new branch for the porting of enigma over to lua 5. (enigma--lua5--0.90) My patch has already been applied, so it represents the closest Enigma has yet come to Lua 5 support.

The goals of the branch are (obviously):
1. Make the remaining required changes so that enigma will compile.
2. Make any needed changes to the lua scripts so that they work correctly under Lua 5.
3. Close the branch and merge back into Enigma's primary development branch.
4. (Not really a goal of the branch) Help ensure Nat Pryce's Enigma Minimax engine is finished so Enigma can have levels with real AI.

While working on this branch it is a very good idea to pull and apply any patches from Enigma--devel--0.90 that are not already in this branch, if this is not done Daniel Heck will have a really hard time merging this branch back into the main development branch, which is the last thing we want as he is busy enough already.

I will help with this branch in any way I can, however at the point the branch is currently, I lack the understanding of Lua to continue.

So, anybody who is familiar with the workings of Lua, please help.

Thanks.