enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd revival

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd revival
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:32:49 -0700

Hi,

> didn't violate any trademarks AFAIK.  And I doubt that game ideas can be
> patented.

Well, of course this could change soon (stupid patent laws coming
up... stop software patents, ensure interoperability!), but I asked
Ravensburger some years ago about an online "Memory" type game I made.
They quickly replied to me that they have a trademark on the Memory
game, so I must not use that name, but the game principle is not
protected.
All parties mentioned here - Ravensburger, me (ok, not right now, but
back then), Dongleware 8the makers of oxyd) and AFAIC the main authors
of enigma are based in germany, so that is most likely the legal
situation for us. IANAL.

But maybe we should tell them about enigma (again?) anyway? ;-)

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\