enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] MAJOR BUG (Mac Os X v0.91)

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] MAJOR BUG (Mac Os X v0.91)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:09:38 +0200

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 18:18 -0700, paul baker wrote:
> well if this is the wrong place to get this to you, im
> sorry, but i cannot seem to register to the forums so
> i can post and i cant even post in the guest section.
>
> 1st -  I LOVE ENIGMA, played the amiga format of the
> old school game.
>
> 2nd - OS X v.0.81(?) works GREAT on my g3 with os
> 10.2.x
>
> 3rd - 0.81 works great on my dads iMac G5 w/ 10.4.x
>
> 4th - the new .91 for OS X looks and souns great ! the
> new looks and levels etc. sound great, BUT (heres the
> problems)

:-) always great to hear

> 1. - when I change the resolution the game exits.

Can anyone else on OS X reproduce this problem?

> 2. - when i try to pick ANY level from ANY pack, I
> cannot play at all. i click on a level to play and the
> screen is filled up with LOTS of little "DUMMY"
> immages (i belive them to be a game image gone wild)
> [red circles with a bar across them that says dummy]
> my extra lives have become these images as well. even
> more odd, BEHIND the "dummy" images you would expect
> to see the level i clicked on, BUT NO, there behind
> them you see the level select screen [the one which
> has the medal and difaculty buttons, and pictures of
> the levels you can pick]

The "dummy" image is used for all in-game images that could (for some
reason) not be loaded.  The most common reason is that the zip file
containing Enigma was not downloaded correctly.

> theres a posibility that mac users cannot experiance
> this wonderous new version

You may want to try the updated OS X version that was released last
week:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/enigma/Enigma-0.92-osx.zip

I hope you have more luck with this one.

- Daniel