enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:54:18 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 3:43 PM

As I have no special tolua++ experience I would be glad if you could
have a look on the problem while I try to convert the Lua level libraries.

No special toulua++ experience either, but I will take a look.

Thanks

Ok Attaches is a patch that fixes quite a few errors including some C errors,
and some Lua (non-level) errors.

The game loads and several levels have been tested and appear to be working.
Now the last major thing is to update the remaining levels.
After that and some stability testing it should be possible to merge the lua5 branch into the trunk.

Level designers can now begin to design levels using Lua5 features.
For example at one time Nat Pryce was working on a minimax engine which
apparently required lua5 features.