enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Possible way to remove file_zip.cc

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Possible way to remove file_zip.cc
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:03:23 +0200

> "zipfile.h" as the central include file for all application access to
> zipios and the zipios sources themself contains the statement:
>
> > #include "zipios++/zipios-config.h"
>
> This statement is unnecessary and just for zipios internal convenience
> to avoid this statement in every zipios cpp-file.

We could either patch the zipios included with Enigma (it already
contains an Enigma-specific OS X patch IIRC)...

...or, since we use only a small amount of functionality from zipios
anyway, we could simply try to move the relevant code  to ecl or file.cc
directly.  Zipios has not been updated in the last 2 years, so we will
have to fix all bugs that we happen upon ourselves anyway.

Simply fixing zipios seems like the easiest route for now, but I
wouldn't mind getting rid of this dependency altogether in the long
term.

- Daniel