[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:21:30 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
To: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>; "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows


Daniel Heck schrieb:
It would also explain the consistancy. The quickest way to tell is to
use --disable-nls.

Btw. Could somebody check in the fixes for --disable-nls? In one file the output of _() is assigned to a char* when a "const char*" is what is needed. The adding the const keyword in two places should work, I know const_cast<char*> works but it is a c++ string, which is not supposed to be mutable. In othe other place, somebody accidentally used gettext() trather than _(). Both are trivial fixes.

I tested that. Besides a few small tweaks that are needed to make it
using with that, it worked.
The resulting exe also crashed.

So my next guess is an uncaught C++ exception.

A few weeks ago I managed to compile Enigma using the Visual Studio Express. I have not checked in all the changes that were necessary, but I can try to reproduce this error to see if it is actually a mingw bug. I will be back in Germany on Saturday, so maybe I can take a look at it during the weekend.

This crosscheck would be helpfull.

Meanwhile I succeeded in running Enigma on Windows under the control of
gdb (still just with the commandline interface).

Well, I found out that the functions that use lua_tostring will normally crash if they emit an error.

Hmm... this seems to be limited to the callback. The other functions seems to act fine in the main body.

Its starting to look like the callback and the main body bugs are quite different.

After all, the unoptimised exe will not crash from getkind(nil) in the body, but will
crash with that in the callback.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]