enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:19:41 +0200

I don't want to rush things, but I think it might be a good idea to focus on a release date from now on instead of on a fixed feature set. Enigma always had comparatively long release cycles, at least for a free software project, but now that most of the technology is in place and stable, we shouldn't postpone the 1.0 release any longer than necessary.

Personally, I think a release before the Christmas season would be a great thing, mostly because I think many people would enjoy playing Enigma during the holidays :-)

Since I'm not doing any of the actual work these days, this is of course only a suggestion, but I from my perspective it would be a good idea to focus on the few things that absolutely *have* to be finished for 1.0 and push back everything else.

Any opinions?
- Daniel