enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] New level: "The Cube"

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New level: "The Cube"
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:23:27 +0100

Hi

Markus Laire wrote:
Hi, as Enigma doesn't seem to have a level based on Rubik's Cube, here is one.

This was tested with alpha-1.00 from
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/enigma-devel/2006-10/msg00030.html

Current world record in normal difficulty is 16:54 by Johannes

We will collect scores with the upcomming beta release.

(Authors time for easy difficulty is 3:49, which is mentioned in the
level-file.)

Clean 1.00 level format :-)

ps. Is this the right place to post new levels?

Of course.

Having just looked for a few minutes at the level I have one suggestion as I was astonished about the reaction on touching the switches in the following sequence: 13-12,13-12

I expected two rotations in the same direction. But the second move reverts the first one before reapplying it again.

What about the following code change for all switches - instead:

function switch12() if (last == 13) then move_cw(1) end last = 12 end

function switch12() if (last == 13) then move_cw(1) last = -1 else last = 12 end end

Now I just have to remember the strategy I used to solve Rubik's Cube ...

Ronald