enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Enigma/OS X: sdl libraries outside app bundle

From: Olaf Marzocchi
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma/OS X: sdl libraries outside app bundle
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 18:46:47 +0200

I noticed Enigma is a /very/ large bundle, more than 55 MB. I looked into it and I found the SDL libraries inside. SDl is nowadays very common, it's a good practice to ship it as separate download the user has to put in his ~/Library/Frameworks folder or, if admin, in /Library/Frameworks. It would reduce a lot the size of the bundle and remove unnecessary duplicates in the user hard drive (I have at least two other apps using the common sdl libraries, Neverball and Stellarium). The website would also save a lot of bandwidth after the first download per user.

Note: I'm not subscribed to this list, so I will be able to answer only by private mail.

Regards,
Olaf Marzocchi