enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac performance problems on some levels

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac performance problems on some levels
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:06:06 +1200

Ronald Lamprecht wrote, On 2/6/07 8:17 AM:
> Sidney could you please start the trunk version on both Macs with the
> option "--showfps". Please try to play "Bright Dots", "Deserted Island"
> and "Wolf Among Sheep" (Development Group, Experimental Levelpack) on
> both Macs with approximatly the same marble speed and report the average
> fps values shown on the screen. I would like to know if there is still a
> critical difference in both Macs.

I played all three levels on both the Intel Mac and the PPC. All of them
except one ran around 50fps with some quick slowdowns as low as into the
30's that were almost over before I could read the numbers. So mostly
around 50.

The one exception was Wolf Among Sheep on the PPC. That was unplayable,
starting at 2 or 1 fps and then going to 0. The command line terminal I
started it from showed error messages "Whoa, system is overloaded!" (I'm
paraphrasing from memory, might not be those exact words).

I find it interesting that the fps on the others was the same on both
machines even though the Intel Mac is much faster and has more memory
than the PPC Mac.

 -- sidney