enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] New API - Windows compilation for level authors

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] New API - Windows compilation for level authors
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:57:33 +0200

Hi,

As the new API for level description is finished in major parts and feedback, testing reports from level authors would be very useful, I compiled the current development revision 1102 of the upcoming Enigma 1.10 for Windows.

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-w32-1.1-r1102.zip

Please note that it just a development snapshot! Some existing levels may not run properly. Please report any problems.

Just unzip the package and start the "enigma.exe" file. Do not uninstall your 1.01 Enigma version - keep using it for the regular playing of Enigma.

I uploaded a pack of matching new API test levels:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/team_test_new_api.zip

Unzip it in your personal levels directory aside of the "auto" folder.

Some final notes:
- read the updated reference manual
- read the concept draft 0.6.
- have a look at the test levels
- be aware that all objects and many attributes and message have
  been renamed. The renaming is still in progress, thus you will
  note a mixture of old and new names.

Please drop a note if you like to give us a helping hand in finishing 1.10.

Greets,

Ronald