enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Boogies found in Enigma 1.10 revision 1244

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Boogies found in Enigma 1.10 revision 1244
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:10:07 +0200

Hi,

Alexandros Tasos schrieb:
Here are some moooore boogies I found:

   1. Alt+Return does not work with Windows Vista.

Most likely a bug in SDL, not Enigma. The fellows
from SDL have to adapt to Windows Vista as well,
this will need some time. Only after this we can
try to repair the remaining bugs in Enigma in
Vista.

   2. If you try to mark a level that has only a difficult mode as unsolved
   (by pressing the U key) and you have set easy mode, it doesn't work at all.

Hmm ... I can't confirm this bug.
Please give a detailed description (which level,
which OS, what exactly are you doing to produce
the bug?)

   3. In 320x240 resolution, when playing a level, the timer is shown on the
   right side, not on the left.

Yes, I can confirm this. However, there are still
lots of graphical bugs in 320x240.

   4. (Translation bug) After performing a search, the string "Search
   results" that appears on the upper left corner is not translated into the
   chosen language.

"Search Result" is the name of a virtual level pack, just
like "Auto" or "History". That's why there's no translation:
It's a title, not an ordinary string. I just looked at
index.xsd, and as far as I understand it, translation of
level pack titles is not planned yet.

   5. When performing a search, if no levels are found, Enigma redirects me
   to my current levelpack (I suggest that Enigma should return a message like
   "No levels found")

Yes, I found this confusing, too.
I'd prefer an empty "Search Result" level pack screen,
this should be easiest, but Ronald surely thought about
this when writing the redirection code?

   6. Sometimes Enigma crashes unexpectedly in Windows Vista (this happens
   with all versions of Enigma, it's not a bug that could be fixable)

Okay. Can't do anything here without a backtrace.
Possibly even a bug in SDL, who knows?

Best greets,
Andreas