enigma-devel

Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Enigma v1.01 crash on x86_64

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Enigma v1.01 crash on x86_64
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:36:41 +0100

Hello all,
Attached is a test C++ app to check if your specific implementation is affected.
The test doesn't guarantee it's not affected, but it does reproduce the error for me.

Basically, it contains both the old and the new strf function, and the result on my Debian unstable AMD64 system looks like this:

---
Trying new strf function.
New function completed successfully.
Trying old strf function.
[1]    29011 segmentation fault  ./a.out
---

I.e. the new code completed, the old code segfaulted.

So if you are the maintainer of Enigma packages (as I am for the Debian packages, and the Ubuntu packages are directly derived without major modifications), you can use this to check if you should do an update.
Note that you should check on all architectures, in particular on AMD64.

P.S. Debian and Fedora are so far reported affected.

best regards,
Erich Schubert