enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Reference manual

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Reference manual
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:16:53 +0100

Hi Andreas,

thank you very much for your engagement, but the reference manual
currently undergoes heavy rewriting, as the engine has been
reengineered completely. The renaming from fl-... to fl_... as well
as other renamings are part of this development. You can see this
in our svn-commits on a nearly daily basis ... for example, the
last update of the refman was just yesterday, Ronald filled up
the paragraphs about fake stones, ghost stones, grates, jamb
stones and several simple floors. :-)

On the other hand, the reference manual of the current 1.01 release
is quite complete, I think?

The wiki is up-to-date relative to the old 1.01 release, but not
up-to-date to the development version 1.1. The wiki is meant for
level authors, which mainly work with 1.01 - so, it's in the
correct state at the moment.

Other than that, we would be happy if you want to contribute to our
project, i.e. with an article or comment for our homepage? :-)

Best regards from Goettingen,
Andreas

Andreas Abraham schrieb:
Hi,

I just wanted to start to contribute a little to this wonderful project I
started off with the reference manual.
As you seem to run short in the documentation department I thought this might
be a good start...

The enigma-ref.texi has a number of missing nodes, erroneous references etc.
I am just looking over the document and guess that the naming scheme shifted
from
fl-xxx to fl_xxx and alike. Correct?
There are a myriad of short paragraphs or notes missing then...

Or is the wiki the up-to-date solution?

Cheers,

Feynman