enigma-devel

Re : Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on Android?

From: Busser Alain
Subject: Re : Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on Android?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:43:45 +0400

 So you would need to rewrite Enigma from C++ to Java and likely a
> different graphics API.

Well, just to say that it would be a great idea if only because Java is the
platform used on Nokia phone, and then there would be a phone version... I am
teacher and this morning one of my pupils asked if it was possible to make
Enigma run on a PSP. I wonder if he wold not like to make it himself, we shall
see...

While I am at it I wonder if it would possible to make Enigma versions of a
"Scottish puzzle" like the ones here:

http://library.thinkquest.org/19488/puzzle/king/intok.html
http://library.thinkquest.org/19488/puzzle/cream/intoc.html

I was thinking of a meditation level where the table would be filled with the
white marbles, but there would be too many holes so that we would need a
function which would erase the holes which are not necessary once the solution
has been found. I guess the solution would be checked by a computing of the
positions of the white balls. I don't know if it is possible and I take any
idea which seems good to make this level. Or, better, I let someone more
inspired than me make it... I also lack humor to make the texts of the numerous
documents and to make this level in some way random. Well, I throw the idea and
I wait for the reactions...

Also, I don't remember how to make a translation: I found some "mo" files but
they seem to be compiled or krypted. Is anyone making a French translation? If
not, what do I need to make it? And for the french version of the manual?

Finally, I like much that "Nabokos" is at the very end of Enigma because I find
it fantastic! So if there's a vote for this position at the end my vote would
be "yes, absolutelu yes!"

Greetings from Reunion Island

Alain