enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Registration/Questions

From: Roy McCoy
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Registration/Questions
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:39:20 +0200

P.S. I registered and paid for Per.Oxyd, and now vaguely remember that
there was a point in the series where you had to contact Meinolf and
pay for the game before you could continue with the series - or something
like that. So I thought that was it, until I found the string
#  level: "The Amazing Maze"
#  author: "Sven Siggelkow" email ""
#: po/level_i18n.cc:295
msgid "Business hours from 8am to 4pm"
msgstr "Heures de bureau: De 8 heures à 16 heures"
This makes it look more like something intentional than like a remnant of the
old program, but I still can't see what it means.

Also, I see
#: src/client.cc:823
msgid "Level finished, but over par!"
msgstr "Niveau terminé, mais moins bon que le PAR!"

#: src/client.cc:825
msgid "Level finished!"
msgstr "Niveau terminé!"
which suggests that simply changing 823 to 825 would give me a copy of Enigma
that didn't have the undesired "over par" message following every level when
I play the game. This seems like it would be very easy for anyone to do who
can program the game at all, so I again hope someone will kindly do that for
me, thanks.

*******

I wrote:

Hi Enigma guy(s),

1. a short statement of a personal nature (example: why you would like to register)

I posted a message at mag-heut.net* and want to track the topic.

2. a desired username

I requested "Roy", if unavailable I don't know, maybe "Great Royzito".

Thanks,

Roy McCoy
Rotterdam, NL

*Here's the message. Both the request and the question still stand.

 1. I'm very glad to be able to play Per.Oxyd again with all the new levels, though I'm sorry two-player games aren't working yet. Actually that never did work very well for us with two Macs connected, so it's not such a loss. What does bother me is getting "over par" at the end of every level, and I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a version that said just "Level finished" rather than adding "but over par", which rubs it in your nose every time you finish one of these things that you didn't do it fast enough. I think whoever set this message assumed that everyone would be striving to do the levels as fast as they could, but that's not true in my case at least.

2. I can't get to the oxyd at the lower right of "The Amazing Maze" in the déjà vu Oxyd set, and there's a message saying business hours are from 8 to 4. Could someone please explain this to me, whose business hours etc.? Do you have to call someone up during business hours to get a hint on how to reach the oxyd?