enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Cross compiling an SDL C++ project for windows using

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Cross compiling an SDL C++ project for windows using a linux build environment.
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:42:08 +0100

Hi Reece,

we use MXE to compile Enigma for Windows
under Linux.

1) Install MXE (this is a non-trivial step, and any
further problems down the compilation route
probably originate here): http://www.mxe.cc

2) For safety, work on a copy of the trunk,
specifically for the task of compiling for Windows.

3) Take a look at etc/mxe-configure.sh and
make sure that PATH is correct. If your installed
MXE is not i686-pc-mingw32, you might have to
replace those references as well.

4) cd etc
   chmod u+x mxe-configure.sh
   ./mxe-configure.sh

5) It should show "Enigma is now configured ...",
otherwise install missing packets (or review
steps 1 and 3).

6) cd ..
   make

7) The executable is src/enigma.exe