enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] 1,21-alpha installer problem

From: Fòram na Gàidhlig
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 1,21-alpha installer problem
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:55:35 +0000

>> Which installer program are you using? I might have a Scottish Gaelic
>> translation available.
>
> I used the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System,
> as can be found here:
>   http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
> in version 3.0b1. It didn't like the Scottish
> Gaelic texts, it is missing a certain file
> within its own installation to use Scottish
> Gaelic.

The whole translation process for NSIS is a bi opaque. I contributed:

https://sourceforge.net/p/nsis/bugs/1068/

and it's supposed to be there.

Do you get a specific error message that I could file a bug report for?

The problem might be that they have programming logic in their
translation files - very bad design.

> Several other languages have been silently
> ignored, like Russian.
>
> Do you suggest a different installer?
> I would rather like to use something
> compatible to Nullsoft, because we have
> the scripts ready for it.

I have also translated InnoSetup, which I found a lot easier to deal
with. But they probably have their own scripting standard.