epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] Figure size
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:00:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, José Alexandre Nalon wrote:

On Saturday 26 April 2008 13:43:48 Andrew D. Hwang wrote:
Here's the technique I use: Guess the approximate corners of the bounding
box, and define them in the picture command

That helped, and the figure seems to have the exact size after
4 or 5 tests. I'm trying now to measure the width of the picture
to see if it is close enough to 6in -- without printing it, that
is. :) Strangely enough, the programs that I use do not have a
ruler that I can trust. But, anyway, the figure seems the correct
size, and that will do for now.

(I use KUbuntu 7.04, and KGhostView to visualize the figures. Any
hint would be useful).

Forgot to mention: If you add a "border();" command as a guide, the picture border drawn around the figure will have the specified size.
To get more detailed information, you can use

  grid(n, n);

*before* you set the camera location. For example,

  picture(P(-1,-1), P(1,1), "6 x 6in");
  grid(12,12);
  camera.at(...);

draws a grid of 1/2-inch squares under the figure. (It may help to draw the grid in a different color, say red. :)

--
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross       (508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395       (508) 793-3530 (fax)