epsilon-devel

Re: jitter and GCC < 4.6

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: jitter and GCC < 4.6
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 00:25:37 +0100

Hello Bruno.

On 2021-02-28 at 21:07 +0100, Bruno Haible wrote:

> I'm trying to install poke on Linux/alpha. The compiler is GCC 4.2.4.
> I get compilation errors:

Thank you!  Very intersting.  I doubt that any of this is related to
Alpha, but your precise report gives me the occasion to make reversible
identifier poisoning (a fun feature, still underused, I should brag
about in some blog post) more reliable.

This is the kind of feature that should be tested in configure.  I am
testing on fencepost, which has a GCC 4.4 installed.

[It is late now.  Done.  A clean fix will come to master later.  I am
replying now to show my appreciation.]

Thanks again,

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".