erp-exchange

[ERP] out of brash

From: Emery Noel
Subject: [ERP] out of brash
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:50:54 +0200

I'll be writing a lot more about this in the future. It's all very well saying that you'll always be using code built with your core language modifications in mind, but you may well change your tune when you try to incorporate Yahoo! I'm still using it, although some of the things I liked initially have faded while others have emerged. or Google Maps and everything breaks. OCaml is a pure functional programming language with type inference, an object system and a strong collection of libraries. If you rely on a library to abstract away the browser bugs from you you are certain to run in to a bug that you can't fix sooner or later.
All of Matt's work ended up in vane when the Times stopped publishing the puzzle online just after his system started working.
If you can find a library that solves them for you so much the better! Ajax requests are instead made through an invisible Flash file that uses Flash to load the data, parse the XML, extract some CDATA and pass it back to _javascript_ to replace a div. According to the authors, doing this with _javascript_ requires painful code forking. or Google Maps and everything breaks.
The slides were on automatic, so the presenters had to be able to time their talk precisely to match up with their slides.
Good _javascript_ code takes advantage of its dynamic, functional nature.
_javascript_ Libraries are an enormous topic but I felt we did them justice considering the time available.
Programmers on those VMs get more productive languages, while users of those languages gain access to enormous existing class libraries, not to mention the promise of significant performance boosts.
Likewise, good documentation is invaluable. OCaml is a pure functional programming language with type inference, an object system and a strong collection of libraries. Likewise, good documentation is invaluable. I imagine the main problem was the heat - sitting in a stuffy lecture theatre on a night like Tuesday's wasn't a hugely attractive proposition, but the talks were more than worth it. This was a common thread at several conferences, and the recent popularity of Parallels for browser testing barely scratches the surface. Good _javascript_ code takes advantage of its dynamic, functional nature. Clever, but a bit scary at the same time. If you plan to evaluate some existing libraries these make an excellent starting point.
According to the authors, doing this with _javascript_ requires painful code forking. Clever, but a bit scary at the same time. YDN is one of my favourite parts of Yahoo!
The talks really deserved to be seen by more people; if you weren't there you missed out on a treat.
I can't wait for next year. I'm still using it, although some of the things I liked initially have faded while others have emerged. That's why I've left my image setting above to check every five minutes.
In _javascript_, that means that libraries that mess with Object.
YDN is one of my favourite parts of Yahoo! Clever, but a bit scary at the same time. People often ask me the same back, so here are three things that have been catching my attention recently.