espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] RELEASE_NOTES

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] RELEASE_NOTES
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:26:31 +0200

Am Dienstag 22 Juli 2008 10:15 schrieb Mehmet Sayar:
> Hi All,
>
> The release notes seem to be chopped up by a cronjob.
> After I committed two changes to cvs yesterday, I updated my Espresso this
> morning. The only change was done by a cronjob which  cut 75 lines.
> Could someone explain what is going on? What does this cronjob do?

Hi all,

since quite some time, RELEASE_NOTES entries are generated by a cronjob from
the CVS logs. This works as follows:

- a line in the log starting with [NEW] describes a new feature
- a line starting with [BUGFIX] or [FIX] marks a bugfix
- a line starting with [CHANGE] markes a change to an existing feature
- if you need several lines to describe a change, you can tag blocks. All
lines starting with [NEW0] will describe one new feature, all lines with
[NEW1] another feature, and so on.

However, it seems as if the cronjob deletes manually entered entries. The
maintainers of the script should look into that.

Many regards,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Arnold