espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] New modification of Espresso SourceCode and a Query

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] New modification of Espresso SourceCode and a Query!
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:19:36 +0100

Dear Harmanjit,

for further communication, please register to the espressomd-devel or -users lists and don’t write to the list owners directly.

If you want to contribute, the easiest way is to obtain a github.com account, fork the Espresso master there (the espressomd/espresso repository), and then send us a pull request with your changes.

As far as I am aware, however, some users also use vtk for internal processing, and therefore need to be able to write the legacy format. I would suggest that you simply add writing xml as an option. Just check writepdb in pdb.tcl for a simple example.

Regarding MMM2D and LB, there is no way you can use those together, except by switching to the GPU-LB, which doesn’t require a particular cell system.

Best,
Axel