espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] lbboundary and slitpore constraint

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] lbboundary and slitpore constraint
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:56:25 +0100

Am 12.02.2015 um 13:27 schrieb Harmanjit Singh <address@hidden>:

Please tell me how to implement the distance function in C.  or point me to a source where i can learn that.

If you want the slitpore geometry that is provided with Espresso, then you don’t need to implement it again. Otherwise, just use the current slitpore code as basis, you can easily find that by looking for occurrences of CONSTRAINT_SLITPORE.

In the LB code, you just need to do the same thing as for the other constraints. Again, check e.g. for
LB_BOUNDARY_WAL, which is the plain wall code. You should get the structure behind the code, just do the same for the slit. The files you need to look at are src/core/lb-boundaries.cpp and src/tcl/lb-boundaries_tcl.cpp, plus the respective headers to define a new constant for your constraint.

If you want to contribute your changes, register with github.com, fork our repo espressomd/espresso and commit your changes to your copy. Then you can send us a pull request, which we will review.

Best,
Axel

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Georg Rempfer <address@hidden> wrote:
What do you mean by slit pore? If you mean parallel plates, my previous answer still holds:

>> Is there a way to use lb fluid in slitpore? While I tried this the simuation gave error that lbboundary does not accept the slitpore parameter.
>Yes. Read the User's Guide about lbboundary wall

My suggestion to implement your boundary geometry in the C code was meant for more complicated geometries.