espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] MPI + Cuda gives error

From: Joost de Graaf
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] MPI + Cuda gives error
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:14:28 +0100

Hi Guys,

Do you also experience the following error message:

error "invalid configuration argument" calling reset_boundaries with dim 0 4 1, grid 64 1 1 in /home/joost/FILES/ESPRESSO/src/core/lbgpu_cuda.cu:3287
application called MPI_Abort(comm=0x84000004, 1) - process 1

in the latest Python version of ESPResSo? I run my script with mpiexec -n 4 ./pypresso [script + options].

I just wanted to check this before launching a bug report, so that I don't waste time. I have recently rebuilt my machine, so I can imagine there is an issue with one of the libraries, but the error does not seem to imply that. I hope you can help. That way I can do the final checks on the Active Matter bit of the upcoming ESPResSo summer school.

Thanks in Advance,

Joost