espressomd-devel

Re: a bug or a feature?

From: Markus Deserno
Subject: Re: a bug or a feature?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 09:51:26 -0400

Folks,

I cannot conceive of a single instance where I wanted to know a
bond distance but would NOT want the minimum image convention
applied. Note that I specifically said “BOND DISTANCE”. there are
many situations where I care about a DISTANCE and I do NOT
want the minimum image convention. But for bonds it never seems
to make sense to not first apply it.

So I’d be inclined to call it a "feature”.

Best,
Markus

--
Dr. Markus Deserno ++1-412-268-4401 (office)
Professor of Physics ++1-412-681-0648 (fax)