[ESPResSo] Double the number of jobs when using mpirun

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: [ESPResSo] Double the number of jobs when using mpirun
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:48:17 -0400

Hey,

I am currently trying to run Espresso on sun machines and for some reason when I do  "mpirun -np 4 ./Espresso ./eofCombs.tcl" instead of using 4 threads it actually uses 8.  Is this a problem with my tcl script.  The reason need the number of threads to match in order to submit jobs to the queue without looking like I'm trying to steal extra resources...  I also get the following error message when trying to use grid engine "Warning: no access to tty; thus no job control in this shell...", has anybody found a workaround for that perchance?

Thanks in advance,

Owen