Re: [ESPResSo] constraints and nemd

From: Jens Smiatek
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] constraints and nemd
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:54:45 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Guillaume,

1.) Negative values for the plane cell command indicate zero spatial
dimension. The value of -10 is chosen arbitrarily.
For example:
constraint plane cell -1 5 -7 type id
indicates an infinite wall at y=5 sigma position with no components in x
and z-direction.
The reason for that usage is the possibility to model structured
microchannels.
Your examples:
For x1,2 and y1,2 use negative chosen arbitrary values like -1,-2,-3,...
The problem:
Make sure that all particles are inside the channel confined between both
two walls and outside the
cutoff-range of the LJ-potential. Otherwise you'll receive error mesaages
like 063.
2.) The tunable-slip boundaries can only be used with the constraint cell
command.
3.) The viscosity can be calculated by a Plane Poiseuille flow and the
tunable-slip boundaries method. Check the corresponding literature at the
end of the paragraph of the ug.

Best regards,
Jens

Jens Smiatek